Picking a roofer is an important decision. For most of us, our home is our most valuable possession and there are a few major questions you should ask before you sign on the dotted line for roofing repair or replacement.
1. Is the Roofer Insured? Ask potential roofers if they carry both liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
· Liability insurance will protect your home from any damage caused by the contractor during the project.
· Worker’s compensation insurance will protect you if a worker gets injured on your property.
2. Is the Roofer Licensed? This will give you piece of mind during the project.
· You’ll know that the work you are paying for meets the state standards in your area.
· In case of an accident or injury, you can contact your state’s Contractors Board. But this organization can only help homeowners who work with licensed roofers.
3. Does the Roofer guarantee their work? Read and ask about the roofer’s guarantee.
· In addition to standard guarantees that manufacturers give with roofing materials, your roofing contractor should offer a separate guarantee for at least a year.
· This guarantee should be in writing and should include cases of leaks, defective materials and poor workmanship.
4. Will the Roofer sign a contract for their work? Get everything in writing!
· Before you hire a roofing company, you should ask to receive a written contract that specifies all details including cost, payment policies, schedule and completion date.
· The contract should also detail the materials you have selected and clean-up plans during and after your roofing job is finished.
· How will unexpected occurrences and changes to the project be handled? This provision should also be included in the written contract.
Houston homeowners trust their roofing projects to the team at Live Oak Construction. We are fully insured, licensed, offer guarantees and provide customers with comprehensive details about their roofing project before any work begins. What concerns do you have about your upcoming roofing project? Let us know and we will help you get the answers you need. Contact us today at 877-207-8343 to discuss how we can make your roofing project a cost effective, high quality and stress free home improvement experience.
- Flat Roofs are Low Maintenance But Requires a Bit of Roof Repair in Houston
- Houston TX Residential Roofing: Keeping Damages at Bay with Professional Help
- Natural Forces from Above: Dealing with Hail Damage on Commercial Roofing in Houston
- Signs You Need to Repair or Replace Your Residential Roofing in Houston
- Brace Your Roof, Autumn is Coming: Protecting Houston, TX Commercial Roofing this Season